Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A cache that makes you go hmmmm....

Ya, I know we all have those. It seems of late however that we have come across a few of these. The type that you just stare at and wonder "what could be there, or there, but is it there?". Then you realize you are probably over thought the entire cache and suddenly you stumble upon it.

Example, a simple LPC could stump me. YES, it happened. Turned out I was over thinking it. Yes, it happens. But in the end, it too was gone, muggled for the time being. We shall return.
Another example was a cache that would have taken some several minutes, we just pulled up and I grabbed it. Nice hid, inside a guy wire protector. I like those type hides that make you think.

Another example of a "not today" cache was our arrival at the location and the GPS bouncing all over. The first settle brought me to a large dirt pile, but after I walked about a little, it settled on a large patch of poison ivy. This patch of poison ivy was also the location of the hint. So, ya, you guessed it, neither of us would go after it.

That cache that just aggrivates the piss right out of you? You know when you arrive, know the location and yet the cache is gone. Ya, those. The ones that owners never maintain. So you know what, if you don't want to do the hobby anymore, pull your containers, donate them, or archive them. Simple as that. I hate going after a cache that hasn't been looked after in some time. Its at the point now that I have a certain cache owner that I look at 50/50 on it even being there anymore.

I learned a while back not to trust the logs either. Some cachers are just flip flop through the weeds and say DNF=muggled. I've found a couple now that other cachers have just flung off saying they aren't there.
Oh well.

Saturday evening we added 6 more finds, a couple DNF's and even a couple nogo's due to muggles.