Sunday, June 29, 2008

A star pattern is born.....

You know those days that start off in the line of "we can grab these caches and they are together" you know what I am talking about. It never happens that way, and never even close.
Yesterday afternoon we set off to find a handful of caches and figured we could make a little time for it. Off we go, arriving at the first cache site, Doobies was no where to be found. I am beginning to wonder if its too obvious for us. So we moved on, not giving that one to much though. Arriving at Youse Guys, we set out to find what had left us 2 DNF's in the past. I knew it was there because a friend owns the cache and he stated it was there.. "I believe ya!" so after much looking I finally admit that I can't see it, but Mrs.Wapahani makes quick work of it and we finally have it, another DNF off the list!
Moving down the road our second recon for the Bath house cache, the pool was still open, high muggle presence and we just moved on.
The next cache was a Crumbling Cache. A quick survey of the area made us decide having the kids with us wasn't an option for this find. Moving on....
We arrived at visiting with the uncle, its a location that my family is buried and I am familiar with, so I got the chance to get 2 caches while visiting family. Nice cemetery too.
We left there to grab what I thought was a sure bet. When we arrived it was what I figured a sure bet. 20 minutes later we figured otherwise and called it. I'm still not sure with all the clues why we couldn't grab it.
Moving along the next cache was a "here is your location, nothing else" cache. STINKS yes, but we decided to try. The GPS hit our spot, but nothing we could find.
2 DNF's in a row, that just stinks.
Moving along

Next was called "Lots of Tech, No Ivy". Arriving I didn't even have to take the GPS for this one, I told Mrs. and the kids to stay and I would make the grab. Sure enough, right in the spot I figured.
Next we decided to find an older cache, but it was found in April. We arrive, but the location left little to find. We looked all around and nothing. I lifted a block off the wall that was lose, and got a nice hornet in my face. We called this one and moved on.

Carmichael Cemetery was a location I had passed many times as a kid. I had actually been in it, but hadn't paid attention to it in years. A nice visit, we found a cache located in one of the most obvious places I have ever seen. We signed the log and moved on.
The next spot was the Firefighter memorial. I wanted to find this one, and visit my family that was on this memorial. I have 3 family members that were firemen the died. I found the names and we found the cache. I got to say thanks and we moved on. The location was heavy on ants, I've never been attacked by ants like this in my life. All over the place. Time for some raid.....

Moving on we decided to take a few looks about. We recond the Northbound/Southbound and Old Bridge, but too many muggles to even chance it. We moved on to the "behind the fence" and got a greeting with a Rent A Cop, so that killed the 2 caches that we wanted to grab. Moving on, we grabbed the final cache at Wilson Road... A nice Bison tube that was hidden well. All in all, 7 caches found.