Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Keyboard warrior?

Visiting a popular caching sites webforum might lead you to wonder how many on there are keyboard warriors. What is a keyboard warrior? A person that thinks they can say anything they want behind a keyboard, but would dare tell you it to your face.
You will find this in every forum. Sometimes it seems like some hobbies or forums have more of them then others. Luckily in my other hobbies this doesn't seem to be an issue, atleast not like it is in caching. I've also found you can run many people from a hobby when you have others like this in so called leading positions.
Example that I use is the model RC airplane hobby. I'm somewhat into this, as my father is far more into it. The reason I don't find it greatly enjoyable is the fact that it has too many pushers, to many people that know it all, and don't care to help others along. A secret society if you will of guys that just don't care to progress the hobby for anyone besides themselves.

I have to chuckle, back to the keyboard warriors. You know the ones that like to belittle others in an attempt to make themselves seem bigger. I do find these types funny, because I refer to it as a little mans syndrome. Sadly someone that might be a great asset to the hobby only turns themselves into a public fool. Oh well, sometimes you must state your idea/peace and move forward. Let them be, as they just don't get it.