Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finally got out!

We finally got out today. This weekend had family in and I just figured it was a lost cause to get out. But, we did make it out there and did some caching Sunday afternoon.

We made a familiar visit to one cache, that always eludes us, well it did again. I may just wait til winter time and less leaf/brush to deal with.
We headed down the road and after what I call our southern territory. We made a quick grab and head on, arriving at another location you had a nice large hill and down the other side to the cache location. It was in a large wooden fence post, but it was missing. So 1 of 3 so far.
We racked up our first virtual cache today, nice busy location, but we found the needed info and moved on. We also stumbled across our first micro coin, it was a evil micro, and it's been moved to its new home. That cache took entirely too long to find.
I finally just stepped back and said "where would I hide this thing" and wham, there it was. I also pinched my finger closing the cache.

We stumbled across a couple ammo cans, both of them today where sealed so tight that I barely got them open. The second one opened much better. I chuckled as we walked away.

I think we logged 8 or 9 caches today, and 3 DNF's... oh well.